Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Favorite Things

Hot cappuncinos and whipped cream on mochas;
Chilled Dr. Pepper and iced Cola Cocas;
Corvette convertibles, red without dings;
These are a few of my favorite things.

Packers from Green Bay and books without pictures;
Lawful inhabitants, days without strictures;
Steak that is rare with a side of some wings;
These are a few of my favorite things.

When the Dow drops,
When the Prez talks,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Mr Picklesworth...you are such a dag.. but a very funny & very clever one. Loved it & I even sang it out loud to get the full effect.

W.B. Picklesworth said...

I did the same thing when I was writing it. I'm not sure what a "dag" is, but I'll assume it's nothing too terrible. Cheers!

Katherine said...

No it's Australian slang. It's an affectionate taunt of sorts, a term used between friends. Definitely, in no way or form, meant to be terrible. I really enjoyed it, twas a lot of fun!