Monday, January 3, 2011

Lords Don't Leap for Just Any Old Thing (the 10th Day)

The Earl of Gloucester, the Baron of Kent,
The Duke of the county of Devon,
All were together and sporting one day
When 'round bout the hour of eleven
A maiden passed by and shouted out loud,
"Thy feet are like old hunks of stone!"
And like a gazelle she did prance on her way
Thus leaving the lords all alone.
"What did she say?" said the Earl with a huff,
I'm bouncy as bouncy can be!"
"Ha, ha" said the Baron with obvious mirth,
"I'm surely more nimble than thee."
"Codswollop, gents.  I think it's quite clear,"
Said the Duke with superior air.
"I'll leapfrog ye both.  I'll go flying by
And leave several furlongs to spare!"
So right on the spot, without wasting a breath
The lords started leaping like toads.
And so lost in fun did those same lords become
That they leaped several miles down the road.

4 comments:

Scott said...

Codswollop is my favorite word for the week. I am going to try and somehow use it in conversation somewhere.

W.B. Picklesworth said...

That is an excellent idea. You might consider it as sermon material as well.

MD Brauer, MD said...

One has to wonder what goes through your mind :)

W.B. Picklesworth said...

Marvin, mainly happy thoughts about Lords who leap. :)