Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Prose!

I went on vacation with my wife.  We were up on Lake Superior with the baby boy and two of my in-laws.  As a side note, saying that someone is an in-law sounds so cold.  I don't mean it that way; I'm just being descriptive.  At any rate, they went home, taking the boy, and my wife and I continued to a little town up by the Boundary Waters.  We walked and shopped and ate and hiked and slept in.  And we read books.  And I bought a swanky book and wrote poetry.  And we also went to a concert.  That's what yesterday's poem is about.  This fellow was pretty good, but there were only 8 of us there in the audience.  Later, a few more people came, but I felt bad for him.  We decided to come home a day early because we missed our baby.  On the way back we stopped for a doughnut and accidentally bought a walnut credenza.  True story.  It was a steal.  Alrighty then, that's enough prose for this year.

2 comments:

John said...

I don't think walnut credenza's are as good with coffee as a donut. But good luck with yours.

W.B. Picklesworth said...

I'll admit that it tasted a bit woody.