Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Visitation

I went to see old Esther
Today at half past one.
So pleased was she to see me,
We talked past setting sun.
She shared some cake, some coffee too,
Regaled me tale by tale,
Til finally at midnight
I finally had to bail.
The visit was quite a hoot.  It turned out that it was her birthday and guests kept arriving.  She was just so pleased she could hardly contain herself.  The elderly need more visitors, more often.  I felt very privileged to be a part of it all today and especially privileged to give her the Lord's Supper.

2 comments:

Bike Bubba said...

I'm sure you already know this, but on the off chance you don't; bring Moose along from time to time. Babies are like medicine to many of the elderly.

It doesn't have to be "every time," but every once in a while....

W.B. Picklesworth said...

Yup, I've already promised that he will make an appearence soon. And he'll love it too.