Saturday, June 27, 2009

I don't really have to pee.

It's too bad dogs can't talk,
To explain why they balk.
They whine, "I gotta go!"
Then do they? Clearly, no!
While dog-sitting I am vigilant to respond to the dog's entreaties lest the carpet suffer on my watch. Unfortunately, the dog is just yanking my chain. We go out, she looks around, sniffs the air and then looks at me, "What are we doin' out here?"

"We're out here so that you can take care of... natural urges."

"Oh. That's nice. But I got nothin'."

"Well let's go inside again."

"Right. See you in half an hour?"

Bad Dog!

3 comments:

Gino said...

get a cat.

W.B. Picklesworth said...

I just might do that. For the time being, though, we just let the owners have their puppy back.

Anonymous said...

you've been watching my dog, haven't you?